Get the most out of the music you love to play and help prepare for your Rockschool exam
Replay is an interactive sheet music player that syncs notes with an audio backing track. While you're playing along, you can adjust tempos, loop bars and switch between backing and performance tracks. It's the perfect practise tool!
Since 2017, MusicGurus and RSL have sought to innovate the music education sector together, by delivering innovative video lessons. Our latest collaboration, Replay, will revolutionise the way students’ practice, and allow them to learn music in the most accessible way possible.
Replay supports the next generation of interactive music books with some amazing features designed to give you absolute freedom and control over your practice.
Replay features a collection of digital tools that will help take your practice to the next level. These include:
A digital edition of your music to read on any device
Backing and guide tracks that you can stream straight from your device
Speed up and slow down the tracks to practice difficult sections of music
Change the performance instruments and even the key of the music!
Add a metronome or count in to a specific section in the music
Fretboard & Keyboard View
Shows the position of the notes on the guitar or piano keyboard
Who is Replay For?
Whether you're a beginner or an expert – Replay is the perfect tool to enjoy playing on any instrument.
Encourage your students to practise between lessons and focus on the most challenging parts of the pieces. Cutting-edge feedback technology is engaging and fun, allowing students to get more from their practice.
Replay helps you learn as you play. You can practise at your own pace and work through your books till you master each piece.
Just For Fun
Whether you're a pro or just love to play in your own time, Replay keeps you motivated to practice and learn.
You can use the Replay with Rockschool:
For a limited time only receive discounts* on multiple purchases of Replay.
* Discounts will be applied automatically to your cart
- What is Replay?
- Replay is an interactive sheet music player that syncs notes with an audio backing track. While you're playing along, you can adjust tempos, loop bars and switch between backing and performance tracks. It's the perfect practise tool!
- What products are available?
- We currently have Drums, Electric Guitar and Piano available.
- Where can I use Replay?
- Anywhere with good internet access.
- Can I use Replay in an exam?
Yes, as long as your device has a 3.5mm (mini-jack) output. Not all examination centres have Wi-Fi or good mobile signal, candidates should not rely on being able to access Replay.
If using the Replay player during an exam, the “Advanced settings” must be set in a way that allow the Replay Player bar numbers to reflect the bar numbers written in the Rockschool book. This will sometimes not be the case if the ‘Expand repeats’ box is ticked. The advanced settings are located via the cog in the bottom right hand corner of the Replay player, then “Advanced…”. The reason for this is to eliminate inconsistencies between yours and the examiners notation for when General Musicianship Questions are asked.
- How much does Replay cost?
- All products are priced individually. Once you have paid for a Replay product, there is no limit on how many times you can use it. You can find individual prices on the individual instrument pages. See Drums, Electric Guitar and Piano.
- Do I need internet to use Replay?
- Replay is a streaming product so you do need to be connected to the internet to use the products. However, once a product has been loaded in your browser, including all the audio files, you can disconnect from the internet and use it offline provided you don't close your browser.
- Does Replay work offline?
- Not yet, however if you open your pieces when you are connected to the internet, caching should allow you to use Replay once you’re offline so long as you don’t close the tab.
- Do I need a special adapter, cable or microphone?
- No, all you need is a desktop, laptop or mobile with audio capability.
- Can I download Replay?
- Replay is a streaming only product, you can access it 24/7 by logging into your account at MusicGurus.com
- Is there an app available?
- An app is something we’re adding to our roadmap but it’s not available just yet.
- How do I access my Replay product?
- Replay is powered by our partner MusicGurus. When you purchase a Replay product, you will automatically be given a link to access the product on their site. If you don't have an account with MusicGurus, one will automatically be created for you.
- How do I change my MusicGurus username, password or email?
- Contact the MusicGurus customer service team.
- Why is the audio taking a long time to load?
- Sometimes the audio can take a while to load due to internet speeds.
- The audio backing tracks won’t play. How can I fix it?
- If your audio tracks won't play, make sure that you have a strong internet connection, reload the page, and be patient to give the audio files plenty of time to load (the files are quite large and sometimes load more slowly if internet connection speed is slow)
- How do I report a problem?
- You can contact the MusicGurus customer service team and report your problem.
- Is my information safe?
RSL Awards Limited ("RSL", "we", "us") (registered company number 02610574) is committed to protecting your privacy.
At all times we aim to respect any personal information you share with us, or that we receive from others, and keep it safe.
This Privacy Notice ("Notice") sets out our data processing practices and your rights and options regarding the ways in which your personal information is used and collected (including through our websites www.rslawards.com and cloud.rslawards.com)
- How do I add a book?
- You can purchase Rockschool official books through the Rockschool shop and selecting the relevant products required there will be an option to purchase the Replay version
- How do I add additional products?
- You can purchase additional Rockschool official books through the Rockschool shop and selecting the relevant products required there will be an option to purchase the Replay version
- Can you adjust speed in increments smaller than 10%?
- Yes you can get the speed you want by typing the numerical value directly into the ‘speed’ box.
- Can I change the midi instrument for synthetic playback?
- Yes you can. If you click on the instrument name to the left of the tab, it will open up settings and you can change the instrument here.
- Can’t find what you are looking for?
- If we have not answered your query you can contact MusicGurus directly.
- Will the technical exercises be put on Replay?
- No, currently no plan to do this. You get the full PDF download with your purchase, which includes all of the technical exercises.